Director-General of National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) Alhaji Mustapha Maihaja at a joint news conference by the Federal Government delegation to Libya has said that the Federal Government has evacuated about 1,030 stranded Nigerian migrants from Libya between Sunday and Monday.
Foreign Affairs Minister Geoffrey Onyeama led a delegation on fact-finding mission to Libya to secure the release of Nigerian migrants stranded in that country.
On the delegation were: Mrs Abike Dabiri-Erewa, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora and Muhammad Babandede, Comptroller General of the Nigerian Immigration Service.
Others were Julie Okah-Donli, Director General of National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons and Sadiya Umar-Faruq, Federal Commissioner, National Commission for Refugees.
Maihaja told reporters that the returnees were — 485 — who came back on Sunday and 545 who came back on Monday, noting that they were part of the 5,037 stranded Nigerians identified for evacuation back home.
He stated a reception centre approved by President Muhammadu Buhari had been set up in Port Harcourt, Rivers for the returnees.