Oyo PDP Gives Dates For Congresses

32

The Chairman of Oyo State Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Caretaker Committee, Hon Tunde Akogun has disclosed that the party has slated its congresses at the wards level for Saturday, 21-10-17, Local Government Councils  for Saturday, 28-10-17 while the State is for  Saturday, 04-11-17.

He made the disclosure in Ibadan at the maiden meeting of the Caretaker Committee.

According to him, “Our committee is to function as a full fledged state executive in order to deliver Oyo State to the PDP fold from the 2019 presidential election. To start with, we are to constitute caretaker committees in the 351 wards and 33 Local Government Councils of the State as soon as possible.

“We will conclude our assignment by supervising the conduct of congresses at the wards (Saturday, 21-10-17), Local Government Councils (Saturday, 28-10-17) and State (Saturday, 04-11-17) to enable our elected candidates vote at the elective National Convention coming soon. Let me appeal to all of you to give us your sincere and fullest cooperation in order to finish the job successfully and as scheduled.

“You are not unaware of the fact that the APC led-administration in Oyo State scored only 32% of the total votes in the last gubernatorial election leaving 68% (majority)votes to PDP splinter groups that contested under other various political parties (Accord, LP, SDP, AD etc).

“It is no more news that the Nigerian electorate has lost confidence in the APC led-Federal Government and if we observe the disenchantment caused by recent avoidable controversies in this State, the chances of a united and virile PDP to win subsequent elections in Oyo State is very bright. On our part, the Secretary and I will do everything possible to have a viable and active party acceptable to the masses that will restore our lost glory even within this very limited time. We will ensure a free, fair and transparent atmosphere conducive to members to reposition our great party for victory”.

The chairman caretaker committee  warned the members of the party in the state that on no account should anyone convocate a PDP meeting at the State level without his approval as any such person(s) will be sanctioned.

“May God crown our efforts with huge success so as to make way for us to return to Aso rock in Abuja and to Agodi State House in Ibadan respectively. I also pray we shall be alive and healthy to enjoy the dividends of a caring heart and humane government. To our security agencies and gentlemen of the press, accept my thanks and appreciation for your support. May God grant us all peaceful trips back to our respective destinations.”, he concluded

 

Loading...

Raji Adebayo, Ibadan
Lagos Post
LAGOSPOSTNG.COM is Nigeria's Foremost Online Newspaper.
Do you have news for us? Email us at; Lagospostng@gmail.com.