As the 2019 general elections draw closer, many presidential aspirants has declared their intention to run for the nation’s number one seat of power. Though some of them have not yet align themselves with any political party while others are a member.
This is a look at the brief profile of each of the aspirants;
- Kingsley Moghalu- is a 55 years old Professor of Practice in International Business and Public Policy at Tufts University. He attended University of Nigeria Nsukwa (UNN) and LSE (Ph.D). He is the President of the Institute of Governance and Economic Transformation. A former United Nations official also former Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Deputy Governor.
- Muhammadu Buhari is a 75 years old the current President of Nigeria. According to Wikipedia he has been in office since 2015. He left secondary school to join Nigerian Army at the age of 19. He is a retired major general in the Nigerian Army and previously served as the nation’s head of state from 31 December 1983 to 27 August 1985. He unsuccessfully ran for the office of president of Nigeria in the 2003, 2007 and 2011 general elections. In December 2014, he emerged as the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress for the March 2015 general elections. Buhari won the election, defeating the incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan.
- Donald Duke- is a 56 years old LLB from Ahmadu Bello University, LLM from the University of Pennsylvania. Duke is a former Commissioner for Finance and Planning; former Governor of Cross River. He initiated the Tinapa Free Zone & Resort, which attracts thousands of tourists from across the world and the Calabar Carnival which is the biggest carnival in the continent.
- Fela Durotoye- is a 46 years old Public speaker and business strategist. He has BSc in Computer Science and Economics, and MBA/MSc. Business Strategy from Obafemi Awolowo University. The founder of Look up the Mushin Makeover Project.
- Funmilayo Adesanya-Davies – is a 55 years old Professor of Language and Communication Arts at the Rivers State University of Education. She has Degrees from the Universities of Ilorin, Port Harcourt, and Northwestern University. Founded the Agape Bible Church.
- Atiku Abubakar is a 71 years old former Vice President between 1999-2007. He attended Ahmadu Bello University. He is the founder/co-founder of Intels, Adama Beverages Ltd., and the American University of Nigeria. This will make his 4th presidential bid under his 4th political party since 1992.
- Ibrahim Shekarau, born November 5, 1955, was a former Nigeria’s minister of education and two term Governor of Kano State in Nigeria. He was elected in April 2003 and reelected in April 2007. He is a member of the People Democratic Party (PDP).
- Remi Sonaiya – is a 63 years old Retired Professor of French Language and Applied Linguistics at Obafemi Awolowo University. She has Degrees from Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) and Cornell University. She was the only female candidate in the 2015 presidential election.
- Peter Ayodele Fayose is a 57 years old current Governor of Ekiti State. He is a governor under People’s Democratic Party (PDP). Impeached as Governor in his first term in 2006 and re-elected in 2014. Fayose will complete his term as governor this year. He has a HND from The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State.
- Thomas-Wilson Ikubese – is a 47 years old Chief Medical Director of Sckye Hospital and Diagnostics Limited. He attended the University of Benin School of Medicine and Surgery. He also a poet, motivational speaker, radio and television presenter.
- Omoyele Sowore – is a 47 years old founder and owner of Sahara Reporters. He has Degrees from the prestigious University of Lagos and Columbia University. A lecturer at the City University of New York and the School of Arts, New York. Sowore is also a writer, public speaker, and human rights activist.
- Chris Mustapha Nwaokobia Jnr is a 47 years old Chairman/Chief Executive Officer of Pointsman Projects Ltd. A Principal Counsel Grand House of Law -Degrees from University of Nigeria LL.B Hons. -B.L Nigeria Law School and Ph.D Honoris Causa. Professor of Political Science and Public Administration Honoris Causa -Ran for President in 2011 at 40 making him the youngest Presidential Candidate in Nigeria’s democratic history. He is the Convener Countryfirst Movement.
- Enyinnaya Nnaemeka Nwosu is a 40 years old former lecturer at West George College; he has Degrees from Asia State University and Robert Gordon University. Worked with the Royal Bank of Scotland, SERCO Group, the Legal Aid Agency, and Her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunals in the UK
- Ahmed Buhari is a 40 years old –Chief Executive Officer of Skylar Inc. he has Degrees from the Federal University of Technology, and Cavendish College, London.
- Adesanya Fegbenro-Bryon is a 59 years old -Chairman/Chief Executive Officer of Mothergold Limited, Chief Responsibility Officer for Mothergold Consulting. He has Degrees from the University of Ibadan and Obafemi Awolowo University. A former regional coordinator for the Department for International Development.
- Mathias Tsado is a 41 years old – Chief Executive Officer of Matstrutt Nigeria Ltd. He has BSc. Mech. Engineering from the Federal University of Technology, Minna . Tsado set up the Hope Platform Initiative.
- Eniola Ojajuni is a 39 years old (Turning 40 this year) -Businessman and consultant on imports, exports, and investments. He has LLB from Lagos State University, MBA from Ghana Business School. Previously ran for the Lagos State House of Assembly and the Governorship of Ondo State.
- Olu James Omosule is a 48 years old, he attended the City University of New York before dropping out to take care of his ill grandmother. A former Chief Officer for Scope America Outreach in the US. He served as General Manager for several US firms.
- Tope Fasua is a 47 years old Chief Executive Officer of Global Analytics Consulting Ltd. He has Degrees from Ondo State University, London Business School, and Harvard Business School. He is the National Chairman of the Abundant Nigeria Renewal Party (ANRP). Fasua is also a newspaper columnist and TV analyst.
- Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed is a 48 years old. He has Degrees from the University of Westminster (BSc & PhD), a former senator representing Kaduna North –Managing Director of Baze Research and Data Services Ltd. He is the founder and Co-Chancellor of Baze University, Abuja.
- Iyorwuese Hagher is a 68 years old. He attended Ahmadu Bello University. A Pro-Chancellor of Afe-Babalola University. A former Nigerian Ambassador to Mexico (2004-2007), and Canada (2008-2012). He is a founder of the Africa Leadership Institute USA. He is also a playwright, poet, and activist.
- Charles Udeogaranya is a 46 years old. A former Lagos State chairman of the defunct African Renaissance Party -now a chieftain of the All Progressive Congress (APC).
Sources: Twitter, Google and Wikipedia.